Local SEO is very confusing to many but if understood, the principles that apply are pretty simple. There is no magic bullet for local SEO and it is pure hard work and more of an art rather than a magic formula. To get your website to top rankings locally in search engines, there are certain principles to follow in order to accomplish that. This local search engine optimization can affect your website’s search ranking consider local search pages, depending upon how it was done.
For the past few years, SEO became a buzz word for all the webmasters available and everyone is talking the best ways to get and guarantee top page rankings. Google and search engines have overtaken that since there has been a proliferation of black hat methods. Black hat methods are unethical ways to rank a website but everything has changed now. Gone are the days where people can just put spam keywords around their web content. Google, Yahoo, and Bing can now detect such malpractices.
Nowadays, the hottest buzz word is SEO. Search engines want to deliver more relevant content to the searches so it doesn’t stop with SEO. The word to look out for now is “Local SEO”. Local SEO in Boulder CO gives more relevant information to searchers and it also brings more targeted visitors to small business owners. This confused many because they treated global SEO and local SEO interchangeably-which is a big mistake.
Many SEO gurus entered the scene to take advantage of the new buzz. They offered SEO and search resources like “Secret Local SEO Guide and Advice Books” which, if one would thoroughly examine the content, the majority of the things documented were rehashed and copied from an obscure website. However, there are also excellent local SEO books that are available in the market, but they don’t come cheap. These books show the tested and ethical ways to push a website to the top local search results page.
Here is a basic local SEO checklist to guide everyone, particularly you, the aggressive business owner:
- Optimize your site for a certain keyword, product, prospective customers, and geography. It is necessary that these four factors are balanced, much like a chair would be very unstable if one leg is missing.
- Design your website as though it accompanies your product, your customer’s profile, and the culture of the local place where you operate your business.
- Get your website indexed in local search engines in addition to in the big three: Google local, Yahoo local, and Bing. Getting indexed is different from being ranked. You get your site indexed first and your site would be ranked later.
- Rank your site locally for specify keywords targeted to your local community. How to do this? You can possibly do keyword permutations or combinations with the places that you are targeting. If you are operating your business in Sydney, insert the name of the place in the keyword, like this: “real state property Sydney”.
- Get your site listed in local directories. Drop your links to as many local directories you could find but make it sure that the website directory relates to your product and services.
- Build links to get your site ranked well for a certain keyword. Don’t do too much initially because search engines would treat you as a spammer. Do it naturally while you participate in WEB 2.0 sites.
- Benefit from the social networking sites. There are local SEO for social media optimization. Build contacts and friends and be an authority in your niche product or services.
- List your site to Google maps. Put your target main keywords and a good description of your business. This is crucial to local SEO since you want to increase your business visibility.
- Install analytics to your website. It is a deadly sin for local SEO not to install analytics to your site. It helps you in your online marketing decisions. Analytics lets you know the fundamental information of what works and what doesn’t for you, so you could adjust your strategy if needed.
- Bonus: Be innovative in your online marketing strategies to get more traffic and level up your conversions and sales leads. Think of ways to have a continuity system for long-term cash inflow.
This is not an extensive list but, a minimum of, you can begin to apply these steps and see results. However, there two choices a business owner like you can select from, either you do it yourself or let a local SEO expert do it. So, make sure to take action today!
Come here to see your best Boulder SEO Experts